*If your session is more than 2-3 weeks away, and you have a dog under 10 months, you can start our socialization play groups on Thursdays right away. The sooner you start socializing with lots and lots of dogs the better. Time is of the essence when it comes to socializing puppies, so just ask if there are any available spots. Puppies must have vaccines to attend for his or her age.
*If your session is weeks away, I recommend that you visit the RESOURCES page to watch videos on different typical behavioral issues.
1. Please submit the Client's Info form below
2. Go to Book Online Tab and book an appointment using the calendar
3. Choose to pay online or in person
4. Text me at 917-689-7076 to confirm the form was received and appointment went through successfully
2. Download informational forms (below), print "Dog in Training" sign and hang on your front door before session
3. Watch the 4 videos on this page (prong collar, ecollar, teaching the word NO, and the Structured Walk)
4. Prepare the dog's kibble for training (see info below), NO free feeding on the day of training, meaning do not leave the food bowl down, and have your dog on a leash. Small meal for breakfast.
5. I would love it if you can email me short videos on some bad behaviors that need addressing. These videos may be used in before and after videos upon owner's approval. Please email me clips of no more than about 45 seconds to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Tools Will We use?
PLEASE WATCH THE PRONG COLLAR VIDEO, THE ECOLLAR VIDEO AND "TEACHING THE WORD NO" PRIOR TO TRAINING SESSION More videos below.
On the day of training
Please give your dog a very small breakfast in the morning. Also, get about a cup of dry food and stick it in a baggie with something that smells good like a piece of lunchmeat, chicken, or some yummy leftovers. Kind of squish the bag together a little bit so the smell of the good food gets on the dry food. We’re going to pull that good stuff out, but we will be left with very good smelling kibble to use for training.
Please have your dog on a leash when I arrive. Clip leash on the dog at least 10 minutes prior to me arriving, this way the dog does not get extra aroused because you put the leash on.
If you have a KONG, please find it prior to training. If you do not have a KONG I will have them available to purchase, as well as Lickimats.
Other items available on the day of training are double handle leashes, short leashes, martingale collars, CBD oil (Hempworx), and Pet Corrector Spray, Mini Educator, prong collars and more
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE 2 VIDEOS ABOUT THE PRONG COLLAR AND THE ECOLLAR BEFORE TRAINING AS WELL AS THE VIDEO ABOUT THE WORD "NO" AND THE STRUCTURED WALK SO I CAN SPEND MORE TIME WORKING WITH YOUR DOG RATHER THAN EXPLAINING THAT INFO :)
Forms of Payment
PayPal (PLEASE CHOOSE FRIENDS AND FAMILY)
Check made out to Loose Leashes Dog Training.
If possible, please have this all set before the session starts to save time. I try to spend as much time as possible working hands on with your dog.
IF YOU ARE NOT VACCINATED PLEASE BE PREPARED TO WEAR A MASK FOR THE SAFETY OF MYSELF, MY OTHER CLIENTS, AND MY FAMILY.
Appointments are approximate. Sometimes it takes more than the 15 minutes I have allowed for travel. If this is an issue, please let me know so I can map out the day to give a more exact time.
Really looking forward to helping you and your dog out :)
Payment and Cancellations
I accept PayPal (preferred), Venmo, cash, or check made out to Loose Leashes Dog Training. Please use Paypal address email@example.com or for Venmo, use 917-689-7076. Paying prior to the session saves time and gives us more time to work with your dog. Be prepared to buy a few things. Often clients purchase Pet Corrector spray, a Kong, and a short training leash.
If you have to cancel our session and are unable to let me know before 24 hours there is a $50 cancellation fee and next session must be paid in full prior to session.