*If your session is more than 2-3 weeks away, and you have a dog under 10 months, you can start our socialization play groups on Tuesdays right away. The sooner you start socializing with lots and lots of dogs the better. Time is of the essence when it comes to socializing puppies, so just ask if there are any available spots. You must provide proof of vaccinations to attend any social events. Puppies must have vaccines to attend for their age.
*If your session is weeks away, I recommend that you visit the RESOURCES page to watch videos on different typical behavioral issues.
2. Submit the Client's Info form (use link below on form's section)
3. Go to Book Online Tab and book an appointment using the calendar
4. Payment must be made in full prior to appointment. Invoices will be sent as appointments are made. Credit cards accepted; if you can't do online then cash/check must be paid prior to session start.
5. Download informational forms (below), print "Dog in Training" sign and hang on your front door before session
6. Watch the 4 videos on this page (prong collar, ecollar, teaching the word NO, and the Structured Walk)
7. Prepare the dog's kibble for training (see info below), NO free feeding on the day of training, meaning do not leave the food bowl down, and have your dog on a leash. Small meal for breakfast.
8. I would love it if you can email me short videos on some bad behaviors that need addressing. These videos may be used in before and after videos upon owner's approval. Please email me clips of no more than about 45 seconds to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. It would be great to have an elevated raise cot so that we can teach the PLACE command. Here is a link to some: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=elevated+dog+bed&crid=5TEEOCZXPWS6&sprefix=elevated+%2Caps%2C210&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_9
Make sure you read information on me and watch the videos on my training approach. Sessions are non-refundable unless rescheduled within 24 hours. Can only reschedule one time.
Client Info Form must be completed prior to your appointment. If the form is not completed, your appointment will be canceled. The form is necessary so I have information about you and your dog and the issues you may be having.
What Tools Will We use?
PLEASE WATCH 4 VIDEOS BEFORE TRAINING
-PRONG COLLAR VIDEO
-THE ECOLLAR VIDEO
- "TEACHING THE WORD NO"
- THE STRUCTURED WALK
Herm Sprenger Prong Collar
Please watch this video about the Herm Sprenger Collar PRIOR to our session so that you can be better educated and prepared.
Mini Educator by Ecollar Technologies
Watch the Intro to the Mini Educator below and click on this link
On the day of training
Please give your dog a very small breakfast in the morning. Also, get about a cup of dry food and stick it in a baggie with something that smells good like a piece of lunchmeat, chicken, or some yummy leftovers. Kind of squish the bag together a little bit so the smell of the good food gets on the dry food. We’re going to pull that good stuff out, but we will be left with very good smelling kibble to use for training.
Please have your dog on a leash when I arrive. Clip leash on the dog at least 10 minutes prior to me arriving, this way the dog does not get extra aroused because you put the leash on.
If you have a KONG, please find it prior to training. If you do not have a KONG I will have them available to purchase, as well as Lickimats.
Other items available on the day of training are double handle leashes, short leashes, martingale collars, CBD oil (Hempworx), and Pet Corrector Spray, Mini Educator, prong collars and more
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE 2 VIDEOS ABOUT THE PRONG COLLAR AND THE ECOLLAR BEFORE TRAINING AS WELL AS THE VIDEO ABOUT THE WORD "NO" AND THE STRUCTURED WALK SO I CAN SPEND MORE TIME WORKING WITH YOUR DOG RATHER THAN EXPLAINING THAT INFO :)
An invoice will be sent to your email after your training session is booked and confirmed. Electronic payments are expected within 2 days of receipt of invoice.
This is a non-refundable payment.
I no longer accept Paypal or Venmo for any training or socials. Please pay through the invoice you will receive.
If you cannot pay online a check made out to Loose Leashes Dog Training or cash must be paid at the start of training and when you drop off pup for social. Payments are non-refundable so you are encouraged to review all the materials about my training methods prior to booking a session.
Appointments are approximate. Sometimes it takes more than the 15 minutes I have allowed for travel. If this is an issue, please let me know so I can map out the day to give a more exact time.
Really looking forward to helping you and your dog out :)
Payment and Cancellations
Invoices will be sent for all training (not for the socials). You will be able to pay by credit card or Apple Pay. If you use cash or check it must be paid at the beginning of the training or social. Paying prior to the session saves time and gives us more time to work with your dog. Be prepared to buy a few things that I will have when I come over. Often clients purchase Pet Corrector spray, a Kong, and a short training leash.
All training is non-refundable unless you reschedule within 24 hours. You cannot reschedule more than once.